By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site (henceforth referred to as "the Site"). The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. The site is operated by Action For Kids Charitable Trust (we, us and our). We are a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales. Our registered company number is 3487626. We are registered charity number 1068841. Our registered office is at Ability House, 15a Tottenham Lane, London, N8 9DJ.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 26th June 2014.
2. Usage Licence
i) Basic usage Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Action For Kids Charitable Trust's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only.
This is the grant of a licence, not a transfer of title, and under this licence you may not:
• modify or copy the materials;
• use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
• attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Action For Kids Charitable Trust's website;
• remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
• transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
This licence shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Action For Kids Charitable Trust at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this licence, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format. We may, from time to time, restrict access to certain features, parts or content of the Site, or the entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
We may accept or reject any application to register with us at any time and we may suspend or terminate your account with us at any time at our discretion if we believe you have breached the terms and conditions.
You must ensure that any registration details you provide are accurate and up to date. If you choose, or you are provided with, a log-on ID (such as a username and password or other identifier) as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and must not reveal it to anyone else. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your log-on ID and must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use or other security breach of which you become aware. By using the Site as a registered member, you accept on your own behalf and on behalf of the organisation (if any) named on your registration form to be bound by these terms and conditions and references to ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to you individually and to your organisation. We reserve the right to disable any log-on ID, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms and conditions or if any detail you provide for the purposes of registering as a user proves to be false.
iii) What you are not allowed to do
Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms and conditions, you are not allowed to:
• store pages of the Site on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by
(a) systematically downloading and storing all or any of the pages of the Site or
(b) by screen scraping, framing, caching, data extraction or programmatic access whether by robot, spider or otherwise or
(c) by printing pages of the Site in a systematic or regular manner so as to create a database in hard copy form;
• collect or harvest personally identifiable information from the Site;
• remove or change any legal notices or other content of the Site or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the Site or the servers on which it is hosted;
• use the Site to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
• use the Site to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
• attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site or circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with our security-related features;
• reproduce, copy, distribute, publicly display or re-sell any part of the Site in contravention of these terms and conditions.
iv) Making a donation
The Site allows you to make a donation to us, either as a one off donation or you can set up a regular payment to us. Payment for all donations can be made by most major credit or debit cards on the donations page. You should be aware that online payment transactions may be subject to validation checks by your card issuer and we are not responsible if your card issuer declines to authorise payment of a donation for any reason. Please note, it is possible that your card issuer may charge you an online handling fee or processing fee. We are not responsible for this.
v) Comment boards
The Site may, from time to time, make comment boards and/or other public forums (collectively "Forums") available to its users. We do not control the material submitted to Forums (collectively "Postings"), nor are Forums actively moderated. You are solely responsible for the content of your Postings as submitted by you and acknowledge that all Postings express the views of their respective authors, and not our views. Whenever you make use of a Forum, or make contact with other users of the Site, you must comply with the content standard as set out below. You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you participate in any Forum, Postings must:
• be relevant to the purpose of the Forum and the nature of any topic;
• where they state facts, be accurate to the best of your knowledge, information and belief;
• comply with applicable law in the United Kingdom.
If you participate in any Forum, you must not:
• submit any Posting that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party;
• submit any Posting that contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive elements;
• submit any Posting containing any form of advertising; impersonate, or misrepresent an affiliation with, any person or entity; be in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence or data protection obligations;
• submit any Posting that contains fraudulent information; submit any Posting that offers goods or services that competes with the Site or Action For Kids Charitable Trust;
• submit any Posting that contains any hyperlink to any page of an internet site that resides behind a ‘paywall’ or other login screen or any ‘deep link’ where ‘deep linking’ (except to the site’s home page) is prohibited by the site operator;
• submit any Posting that would be likely to mislead or deceive any person; be menacing, threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause harassment, anxiety, alarm, upset, embarrassment, annoyance or inconvenience to any person; promote violence or aggression; promote discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; encourage, advocate, promote, solicit, invite or assist any illegal activity or unlawful act such as (by way of example only) intellectual property infringement or computer misuse;
• submit any Posting that is used to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
• submit any Posting that gives the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case. You acknowledge that you are responsible for ensuring that you have the right to submit all Postings you submit to or through the Site and that no such Postings breach the content standards set out above.
By submitting Postings:
• you represent and warrant to us that you have the right to submit that Posting and that it does not breach the content standards set out above; and you agree that you grant us and our affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Posting (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology, and you waive any moral rights you may have in, or to be identified as the author, of such Posting. Whilst we do not pre-screen Postings, we reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to delete, edit or modify any Posting submitted by you and/or to close any topic, at any time without notice to you.
Complaints about the content of any Posting must be sent to email@example.com and must contain details of the specific Posting giving rise to the complaint.
The materials on Action For Kids Charitable Trust's website are provided "as is". Action For Kids Charitable Trust makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Action For Kids Charitable Trust does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its internet website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this Site.
In no event shall Action For Kids Charitable Trust or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Action For Kids Charitable Trust's internet site, even if Action For Kids Charitable Trust or an Action For Kids Charitable Trust authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Action For Kids Charitable Trust's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Action For Kids Charitable Trust does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Action For Kids Charitable Trust may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Action For Kids Charitable Trust does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 26th June 2014.
Action For Kids Charitable Trust is not responsible for the contents of any linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Action For Kids Charitable Trust of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
7. Governing Law
These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and you agree that any dispute between us regarding them or the Site will only be dealt with by the English courts. Nothing shall prevent us from bringing proceedings to protect our intellectual property rights before any competent court. It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Site and that it is compatible with the Site. It is also your responsibility to ensure that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them. We cannot guarantee the uninterrupted or error-free operability of the Site. Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw, modify or suspend the service we provide on the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the Site, or any features, parts or content of the Site at any time for any period. This site is controlled and operated by us from the United Kingdom and is intended for United Kingdom residents and we make no representation that any material contained on this site is appropriate for any other jurisdiction.
8. Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in any content of the Site (including text, graphics, software, photographs and other images, videos, sound, trademarks and logos). Except as expressly set out here, nothing in these terms and conditions gives you any rights in respect of any intellectual property owned by us or our licensors and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights in the Site or its content. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any material you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text. In the event you print off, copy or store pages from the Site (only as permitted by these terms and conditions), you must ensure that any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property right notices contained in the original content are reproduced.